Sunday, November 25, 2007

Grilled Tuna with Honey Pepper Sauce

We had some tuna steak in the refrigerator that I wanted to cook already, and a recipe for honey grilled salmon by Sarina Fores in the Assumption Cookbook. I tweaked the recipe a little bit (we didn't have pineapple juice so I brought out a small can of tuna chunks instead), and this is what I came up with.

Ingredients:

1 slab tuna fillet (good for two)
vegetable oil
salt and pepper

Honey Pepper Sauce:
3/4 cup honey
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
a small can pineapple chunks
juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp vinegar
2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp paprika (we actually didn't have any paprika on hand so I used a steak rub that had pepper and paprika in it)
1/4 tsp garlic powder

1. Rub the tuna fillet with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill around 2 - 3 minutes on each side.

2. In a saucepan combine al ingredients for honey pepper sauce and cook over low-medium heat. Stir occasionally until sauce begins to boil. Turn down heat and simmer for 13 minutes or until slightly thick.

3. Pour some of the honey pepper sauce and the pineapple chunks over grilled tuna and serve with extra sauce on the side.

The sauce was yummy, although it would've been okay with less sugar (it was quite sweet!). We also had a lot of sauce left over, so the sauce is probably good enough for 3 or 4 people.

Find other people blogging about:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this blog is soooo cool! i'm a newly & i'm still trying to learn how to cook for my hubby. so glad i found you blog!=)

Anonymous said...

maam rowie,
my number po b kau shop TV?
Gusto ko sana ibilhan mother ko ng 9 minute marinator. tnx!
:> shi

rowie said...

Thanks, Jan!

Shi - sorry, not off the top of my head. If I catch the number on TV I'll take a note of it.

Anonymous said...

This was so easy to make and sooo good! Instead of Honey, I used Agave Nectar (which is all I had) and I used Splenda Brown Sugar also and it was really really good. Also, I had no vinegar but it was still great. I marinated the tuna in the sauce and then put it on the grill, and slowly dripped the sauce onto the tuna as it cooked. Great Recipe!

pepper sauce said...

pepper is an excellent source of vitamin A. It is also a good source of vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin K, manganese and dietary fiber.